A VISIT TO THE HAUNTED KASARA GHATS IN MAHARASHTRA



Photo Travelogue :



In my various travels by train to and fro Guwahati from Bombay, Kasara is a station where the train always halted for about 5 minutes. I wasn't really interested in it, until, I read about the ghats near it i.e the Kasara Ghats, of being very haunted. There's supposedly a female headless ghost who dangles from the trees and laughs hysterically at passer-byes, hence, one should avoid staring at the trees. The creepy bushes and trees along either side of the road also give it a creepier look. The place is notorious for being a frequent accident spot with countless deaths, and also, for being a dumping ground of dead bodies ( murdered ); and, when the ghat was being constructed, many labourers had lost their lives too here, hence, spiking up the spook-level by several notches. Amavasya nights are specially haunted, as lot of restless souls haunt the ghat and many people have reported seeing strange figures there at night. As such, reading so many rumours like these, I wanted to visit the ghats and see for myself. I love spooky places, and had visited many places so far that reportedly has paranormal activities. So, Kasara Ghats was naturally to be the next one to be ticked off, on the spooky list that I visited. It was the month of Nov'16 and I took a local train to Kasara Station. I reached Kasara Stn by 3pm in the afternoon.

view from the train...

passing by the usual scenery that I used to pass by, when in college, while going to Ghy...



in november, the green grasses turn golden...


kasara station...one can take transport to Nashik, Igatpuri etc, from here...


asking for directions to the highway, I walk through Kasara town...


cow-dung cakes used as fuel...the town is pretty rural...


with the town out of sight, I reach a long, empty stretch of road going down-hill with very little or no people on it...in the entire stretch...its a 25 min walk till highway from the station...


at the end of the road come across what looks like a bridge, connecting it to the highway...


a fork then, which way do I go? left or right? also, I see a second road in the left one...


I choose left, as I assume that road goes out of Bombay, where spooks mostly occur...


and hey, I have reached the western express highway...the 2nd road was the old highway...


the roads are a dream to ride on...but, very dangerous as its the highway...


if I turn back its 2 kms to Kasara, if I go ahead its 14km to Igatpuri...I go forward...


vehicles vroom past me...people look out of their windows at me as though they saw a ghost...


I keep a look out for the foliage around the area, stare at the trees, wondering if the headless female would show up in one of the trees...keep my ears open too, for some hysterical laughter...


was told not to look at the trees, moi, go ahead and do just that ~ stare at the trees...


the bushes here are indeed creepy, but where are the ghosts? having their afternoon siesta?


the old highway pops along the side of the new highway, its where most deaths had occurred...


time to head back? not quite...I stroll along further...not scared at all...


a stream down below...

I spent almost two hours on the highway, walking to and fro, stopping and looking at the deep ghats below - did I see anything spooky? No! But, it could be another story after dark...

Kasara Ghat or Thal Ghat is a ghat section in the Western Ghats near the town of Kasara in Maharashtra. The Thal Ghat is located on the busy Mumbai–Nashik route, and is one of the four major routes, rail and road routes, leading into Mumbai. A high-altitude pass for cars & bikes, featuring the steepest railway in India & seasonal waterfalls ( wiki ).

Address : Mumbai - Nashik Expressway, Kasara, Maharashtra
Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment