TAWANG TOWN IN PICTURES - DAY TIME



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

Tawang is a pretty little town. It is vibrant and quite evident that the natives love to decorate it with colours all over - be it the structures, many gompas, dragon gates, colourful flags etc. The colours can indeed make you feel warm even in the sub-zero temperatures there. I had wanted to visit the attractions outside the town - there are plenty of those; but, I was told the roads were just too bad, so I had to be happy with the attractions in the town itself. After having done with that, I still had couple of hours left, so loitered about the entire town. Must say, I enjoyed myself thoroughly.



the hotel that I stayed, they were cute to invite me to a mid-night roof bonfire, which I refused...
( I had a long drive back to Guwahati the next day, so, I slept early )


view of tawang town from my hotel...


map of the place in case one gets lost...no chance, the town is too tiny to get lost...


there are many small roads in the town all connecting to this main road ~ Nehru Market Road...


in the entire town, one can't escape those large blue-black mountains in the back drop...


the various roads around the town...lots of cars too for such a small town...


the lane that goes to the local sumo stand that goes to the outskirt attractions...
( 5000/- per sumo, during peak-season one can find shared cabs here )


a random road going uphill...


colourful gompas in the town...


entrance to one of them...


some landmarks...


renovations going on in some gompa...


the giant buddha statue that stare at you all the time...


a small hindu temple in the otherwise buddhist town...


views behind it...



ordered some chinese fried-rice and tea before calling it a day...

Even though I had planned to stay a couple of days in Tawang, visit its mainly outside attractions, I had to cut my visit short because it was inadvisable to go all these places at that time of the year. Mid-jan is really the off season, tourists are scarce, everything is filled with snow and lots of landslides happen in the hills. Ideal time to go is just before monsoons, between May-June end ( in summer ). However, I had wanted to experience snow, so, I was okay having missed those places. I had experienced snow, that that mattered! However, I must say, even though snow looks so romantic in the movies, its really horrible in real - the freezing cold can be deathly. My bones had gone numb, and I didn't enjoy the cold weather. Maybe, I didn't carry the correct wear ~ because, inspite of wearing four-five layers, I still kept shivering. I'd love to visit Tawang again, maybe sometime in the future. But, am I as fascinated with snow? Neah!! I can live without it :-)

Tawang is a town in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh, situated at an elevation of approx 3,048 metres ( 10,000ft ) to the east of Bhutan. The town once served as the district headquarters of West Kameng district, and became the district headquarters of Tawang district when it was formed from West Kameng ( wiki ).

Address : Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment