A ROAD TRIP TO TAWANG, ARUNACHAL PRADESH ( PART 1 ) FROM GUWAHATI VIA TEZPUR



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

The year was Nov'15, when I came to know my Late father was invited by the Indian Army to show some astronomical things way up in Bumla, Tawang, I was jumping at my feet - I wanted to go too! I was at my peak travel-mode that year, and Tawang was like a beacon of happiness for a travel lover like me. My father, seeing my enthusiasm, although bit reluctantly, agreed to ask the organising officials if I could come along. No! They replied. They didn't allow females on the trip. My hopes dashed...and I was depressed. Why...I wanted to ask why? Whats this big deal about being a female? Girls can do everything in this planet, hell, they give birth to you, the men folk! Phew! I don't know the real reason for their denial; could be because, the army was filled with men, they'd be uncomfortable with a female around. And the trip was of 6 days. I finally accepted the reality, that no matter what, they won't take a female along. So, the only option was to go alone! I was okay with solo-tripping too, because, that way it'd be far more adventurous.

It was only in mid-Jan'16, I put my Tawang plans into action. Before going to Tawang or Arunachal for that matter, one needs to apply for an 'Inner Line permit' to enter the state. Without it, they may not allow you in. So, I went to the Office of the Deputy Resident Commissioner, GS Rd, RukminiGaon, Ghy, where one applies for the same. I took some passport size photos and ID/Address proof xeroxes along. I applied for a 7 day permit, although, I'd be back within two days. They asked the reason I wanted to go - I said, I wanted to visit the place, tourism purpose. I got the permit after one week - that's the time they take to process and a nominal fee is charged. After getting the ILP there was no looking back. I headed to Tezpur, from where I'd go to Tawang the next day. On reaching Tezpur, I booked my Tawang ticket in advance ( was advised to do so ).


Office of Dy Resident Commissioner and instructions to get ILP ( Indians ) & PAP ( foreigners )...

~~~


to Tawang, but naturally...


Early morning, I heard the loud blaring of the horn. It was the Sumo, it had come to pick me up ( Rs.700/- per head ). My excitement knew no bounds. It was still very early and the sun hadn't risen yet. The Sumo picked few more passengers from the stand, and then, we were off...


leaving Tezpur town at early dawn-break...


the sun wasn't fully up and it was drizzling, hence, looked still quite dark...


after an hour or so, we reached Bhalukpong, 52 kms from Tezpur, i.e entered AP...
( its not in the hills, but the surrounding places here are quite scenic )


the sumo we were travelling in...


we halted at Bhalukpong at this small dhaba for breakfast...drizzling too had stopped...


while the rest were not done yet, I strolled a bit around the place..Tawang~304kms!


toll, excise and check-gate signs and the forest check-post office at Bhalukpong...


after the break, we move on along the road ahead...


at these point our ILP are checked, only then, allowed to go further...


we pass this dragon gate - the first of the many, in our trip...


it starts drizzing again....wheee...nervous, excited ~ I was feeling all kinds of emotions...
( I was travelling with a bunch of strangers ( all men ) to a never-travelled-before place )

Tawang is a town in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh, situated at an elevation of approx 3,048 metres ( 10,000ft ) to the east of Bhutan. The town once served as the district headquarters of West Kameng district, and became the district headquarters of Tawang district when it was formed from West Kameng ( wiki ).

Address : Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment