HAUNTED PLACES IN PUNE THAT I VISITED


Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

One thing that attracted me to Pune was, while other places had only 1-2 top haunted options, Pune had plenty. Being an old city, it has lots of stuff that happened ( current times, as well as throughout history ). So, while there, I was gleefully hopping from one haunted location to another. Having already done two major ones i.e the Sinhagad Fort and Shaniwarwada in a single day, I wanted to cover as many as I could during rest of the day. Since my train was in the evening, I still had a couple of hours left to do what I had come for. So, immediately, I got into action. My next target was to find the very haunted Victory Theatre and another site ( formerly known as the Napier Hotel ) which is now abandoned, but had seen better days in the past ( being connected to film shootings/ famous personalities etc ). I hailed an auto and asked it to take me to the famous theatre, which was at the other end of the city - in a posh area. Fortunately, some of the other haunted sites were near by as well. Killing many birds with one stone kinda stuff...lol


but, little pet-puja first before the thrill begins, what say ;-)


Victory Theatre Is The Most Haunted Cinema Hall In Pune. You wouldn't want to watch a late-night show here. You can hear seats rambling or banging when there is no one around. Shrieks of errie hysterical laughter and other voices can be heard when there is no one in the vicinity. Sometimes these take place during a movie show too. - With this information at hand, I was thrilled when I saw it for myself, the theatre. The auto dropped me right at its gates. But, I couldn't watch a movie ( I had a train to catch soon ), however, I did loiter around the place for couple of minutes to 'feel' the horror stuff. But apparently, the action happens inside the hall. Nobody knows why it is haunted, weird no? Someday, I'll be back...specially to see a movie with the ghosts.

Pune Cantonment also referred to as Pune Camp, the area is believed to be one of the scariest places in Pune. Supposedly haunted by the ghosts of soldiers who died in wars, the camp area has stories that testify to the presence of strange sounds, shrieks and uncanny appearances of people who go on to disappear into nothing. A dilapidated, run down house in the vicinity is supposed to be the hub of all things paranormal. People have tried to enter the house, only to come out in minutes, reporting “an uncanny, stifling feeling” that would not let them stay inside. - Okay okay...I knew, I had to go there as soon as I read this. The cantonment area is not far from the theatre, so I headed for it. I walked and walked ( takes about half an hour ), the long road with huge trees on both the sides ( can get really spooky after dark ). I walked the entire stretch of the cantonment area, till I reached a point beyond which only authorised people were allowed to enter. However, I did spot some spooky, dilapidated and abandoned structures on the way.


The Haunted House, M.G Road near Camp Old and abandoned haunted place in Pune lying in shambles now, this creepy house hasn’t been lived in for no one knows how long. Apparently, a young girl was killed there and her cries and shrieks are often heard at night. Mind the furniture that is hurled around, if you visit it. Another story is of ghost of a British lady who committed suicide there and even now, walks through the grounds, to fling herself down from top floor. - I saw this place on a TV show, and had made up my mind if I visited Pune, I am going there. However, finding this house was bit tricky. I asked for directions to MG road, and several people pointed me towards this area. Although, nobody had heard of White Lady Of Napier or Napier Hotel. However, although, there was this abandoned building, it didn't quite look like the one I had seen on TV. So, I got confused if this was the correct one. This one too had an errie feel...and I found there was no gate. A wall surrounded it - with no gates. Maybe, I missed spotting one...but there was a place where the wall was broken, and only through it I could manage to look inside the premises.

I spotted another equally spooky abandoned structure, could it be the one. It did look like the one on TV but it was on a general road and not a crossroad. The previous one was on the edge of a crossroad, though. One thing is for sure, correct one or not, both are creepy.

The Mansion here is an old abandoned mansion near the Residency Club which is said to be possessed by the spirit of an evil old lady. The place has an eerie quiet to it except at night when crazy laughter and screams have been reported to have been heard. - This one?

Holkar bridge A number of mysterious deaths have left the locals dumbfounded and obviously a little scared. Several ghost sightings in the area has made this one of the most haunted places in Pune . Want a taste of fear? Then venture here; but after dark, only! - Only, I could not venture there, because, it was already time to catch my train. There's a cemetery near it, which makes the place more haunted. I only got a glimpse of it as I was leaving the city.

My haunted outings in Pune came to an end. It was a thrilling day for sure, although, I didn't really encounter any ghosts. I feel, the right time to visit these spots again will be on a week-day, when there'd be less people around. Nonetheless, going so near, walking those spooky grounds can be exciting too. And I enjoyed totally. Thus, my trip came to an end, with a promise that I'll be back ;-)

Address : 2429, East St, Opposite Kayani Bakery, Hulshur, Camp, Pune, Maharashtra 411001/ Chandan Nagar/ Pune Cantonment or Pune Camp, MG Road, Residency Club
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment