PUNE CITY IN PICTURES - DAY TIME


Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

My first impression of the city was, hey, it looks just like Bombay aka Mumbai. But in closer look, although, it had lots of similarities, there were differences too. And being a Bambaikar for so many years now, I'm bit biased towards Bambai. Anyhow, it seemed like any other city, and I was like ~ oh...so, this is Pune, that, I had heard so much about. Although, its in higher altitude ( compared to Bombay ), I found it quite hot as well. And the traffic...phew, is there a place in India where there is no traffic? Pune had its share as well...here are some pics of Pune seen through my eyes. Since, it was a one day trip, I'm sure I've missed out on lot of other aspects of the city.


welcome to Pune city...


Pune sheher maa de tumala swagat aahe...pardon my poor marathi :-p


*Deja Vu* these red buses are so much like those in Bambai...


the various roads around the city...


some official buildings,...




some old, british-time structures...


I wish that vehicle was not there...


some landmarks and a mall...


is there a road in India where you don't meet them?


alas, sipping tea in front of Pune station, before leaving...


bye bye Pune....until, we meet again...

Pune is a sprawling city in the western Indian state of Maharashtra. Pune is the second largest city in the Indian state of Maharashtra, after Mumbai. It is the ninth most populous city in the country. It was once the base of the Peshwas (prime ministers) of the Maratha Empire, which lasted from 1674 to 1818. It's known for the grand Aga Khan Palace, built in 1892 and now a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, whose ashes are preserved in the garden. The 8th-century Pataleshwar Cave Temple is dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva.

Address : Pune, Maharashtra
Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment