ONBOARD INDRAYANI EXPRESS TO PUNE


Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!


Even though, I've lived in Bombay over two decades now, my visit to Pune was a long pending one. I wanted to see the city which has some rich Maratha history and legacy, being the ( cultural ) capital of Maharashtra much before Bombay. It was nearby too, about 2 and half hour journey, so, a day trip could indeed be planned. I took an early morning train. The tickets are cheap. Be advised to book your seat in advance; because, to my horror, the train gets crowded very soon, and, I saw some passengers stand all the way till they reached Pune. Phew!


my train...a passenger shuttle...


getting comfortable in my seat, with some food for company...I was all set...


whizzing through numerous tunnels...


passing by some amazing views...


and some more...during monsoons its all green...



ooh..and some more...getting a window seat is definitely a bonus...



reached Pune at last...this is how Pune station looked in the morning, busy.

Pune is a sprawling city in the western Indian state of Maharashtra. It was once the base of the Peshwas (prime ministers) of the Maratha Empire, which lasted from 1674 to 1818. It's known for the grand Aga Khan Palace, built in 1892 and now a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, whose ashes are preserved in the garden. The 8th-century Pataleshwar Cave Temple is dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva. ( wiki )

Address :
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment