SINHAGAD FORT, PUNE


Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

My first thoughts when I reached the famous haunted Sinhagad Fort was WOW! It was simply wow, unbelievable. After much deliberations and plannings I was there. But, at the same time I was disappointed as hell. It was just too crowded...so, ghost hunting there seemed remote. I so so regretted going to the fort on a weekend, when almost whole of Pune city had landed there. So, my vow was to come there again, but, during a week-day, when there'd be less crowd. However, since I was there already, I decided not to fret; but, make the most out of my visit. Entry is free!



Be prepared for lots of stairs climbing via gates in the fort - there are many, of both!


see the crowd? vendors and people everywhere....#grr


going up the many many steps; pausing, looking around and going again...


the main gate first, tried touching it...more gates appeared further up...



these black holes or cave structures are actually stables for horses...



storage rooms were they used to keep their weapons and artilery...


panoramic views from top of the fort...


some interesting and secluded 'goose-bump' spots inside the fort itself...


some signs for the visitors...


Samadhi of the great warrior general of the Maratha empire Tanaji Malusare


some relics and souvenirs...


same spot...notice the huge rock playing hide and seek with the clouds?

Sadly, I didn't encounter any ghosts on this trip. Sob! It is said, one hears war cries even now and rushing of soldiers here and there, as though there's a battle going on. Some may even brush past you. Some people who worked in the grounds even confirmed the same to me. However, with such tourist + crowds present in the premises, methinks, all ghosts were hiding somewhere. Hmph! Anyhow, its an interesting place no doubt and I was glad I could make it there, atlast. I'm hoping to visit it again, hopefully when there's NO crowd.


Sinhagad at 1312m(4304ft) height, is a hill fortress located at around 35 km southwest of the city of Pune, India. Some of the information available at this fort suggests that the fort could have been built 2000 years ago. The caves and the carvings in the Kaundinyeshwar temple stand as proofs for the same. ( wiki )

Address : Sinhagad Ghat Rd, Thoptewadi, Maharashtra 411025
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment