AN IMPROMPTU STOP AT SURAT CITY TO VISIT THE FAMOUS HAUNTED DUMAS BEACH



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

If you thought my Gujarat Trip till now was pretty adventurous, what with the never-ending road trips et all through the deserts, hold your breath, my 'real' adventure was about to start the next day only, when I decided to stop at Surat. Surat is about four hours from Bombay and a day trip is doable. While returning from Gujarat, I'd reach Surat early morning, so I planned to stop and go to the very famous haunted beach ~ The Dumas! I could return home by evening. But only thing was, I forgot to get down in Surat and had crossed it. We had already reached Dahanu Road in Maharashtra ( 2 hours from Surat ). It was already 12.30pm by then. I was like ~ oh..shit, no! This can't be happening. How did I miss the Surat station ( at around 10 am ); the train did stop there. I was in big dilemma, to forget Dumas altogether or take a risk and get down in Dahanu, take a train back to Surat and visit it, and still be back by an evening train. Whew!! I did exactly what my mind told me, and got down ~ in Dahanu Road. I didn't want to miss Dumas Beach at any cost!


Methinks, watching this human-hanuman in the train made me miss Surat...Hmph!


I bought a general ticket in Dahanu Rd, and got up on a train going to Surat side...
Dahanu is a coastal town in Palghar district of Maharashtra state in Konkan division.


Since I got in an AC coach by mistake, got down in Vapi and boarded a crowded
general compartment...It wasn't summer then, else, it'd have been unbearable...
I felt a guy trying to steal my phone, and, I raised a ruckus inside, lol...
( from Vapi, one can go to Silvassa too, known for its varied tribal heritage )


within two hours we reached Surat...it was already 4pm


the bus-stop near Surat station from where a bus goes to Dumas, no.77?


since we were running late already, I opt for an auto @400/- round trip...


I told the auto to drive fast, he literally flew across Surat City...


leaving the city behind, the suburb was quiet and less crowded...


passing the Surat Airport, we reached a circle at the end of the long road...


take right turn, then left...the lanes get quite spooky here...


till we reach the long narrow stretch that goes to the Dumas Beach...
( from Surat city it took about 40 minutes to reach the beach )
and it gets only more and more adventurous from here on...

Surat is a large city beside the Tapi River in the west Indian state of Gujarat. Once known for silk weaving, Surat remains a commercial center for textiles, and the New Textile Market area is lined with fabric shops. Overlooking the river, Surat Castle was built in the 1500s to defend the city against Portuguese colonists. Nearby, the Dutch, Armenian and English cemeteries contain elaborate colonial-era tombs
Dumas Beach is an urban beach along the Arabian Sea, located 21 kilometres southwest of the City of Surat in the Indian state of Gujarat. It is a popular tourist destination in South Gujarat. Dumas Beach is also famous for being in the top 35 haunted spots in India ( wiki ).


Address : Dumas Beach, Konkan Coast, Arabian Sea, Surat, Gujarat.
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment