VISITING THE DUMAS BEACH, SURAT, INDIA'S MOST HAUNTED BEACH !



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

If you've read my spook-travel series ( on this blog itself ), you'll discover that I have been covering some of the most haunted and unusual places in India, in all my travels. And, if you've read my previous post, you'll know what risk I took to visit the Dumas beach, in Surat. I stopped mid-way, then went back to Surat and travelled to Dumas. Since I was passing by, I just could not skip it. And boy, was I glad that I visited it after all. Because, unlike the other haunted places that I had visited so far, its the only one where I actually heard and felt something spooky ~ that too, in broad day light. The other places are also spooky no doubt, its just that I didn't come across anything paranormal as such. I'd surely be scared if I'm totally alone in those places. Coming back to Dumas, I reached it at almost 5pm. Thankfully, it wasn't dark yet, being the western shore.


there is a narrow stretch of land connecting the mainland with the beach...

on reaching the beach, at first glance around...I found...

the beach has various food stalls on one side, near the entrance...


it has various recreations too, like horse and camel rides...


ship of the desert...there were many of these...




there is also a small Ganesh Temple near the entrance...

then, I noticed the colour of the sand...

its black, unlike any other beach I've been to...
Rumour has it, the beach once used to serve as hindu crematorium grounds, and that's why its black in colour ~ the ashes got mixed with the original sand over time, and turned black. I asked the auto wala if he knew anything of it, he looked uneasy in telling me. He asked another man in the beach ( some hawker ), and the latter pointed that the crematorium had shifted to another place now. This explains, why the beach is haunted! Its all human ashes beneath the feet...


tried touching it...


the sun glazing over the black sands...


yeisa kala beach kahi aur dekha hai?


I saw some people far away enjoying the waters, and decided to walk till there...

and then, spook happened...
I left the people behind ( near the entrance ) and started to walk. There was no one near me. But strangely, I didn't feel alone. I kept looking around. There was absolutely none, as I was walking far and far away. The beach, anyways, didn't have much people in it that day. I heard someone calling out my name. With the breeze blowing, the name sounded sing-song type. I wondered, if it was the breeze itself. But breezes normally has a whoooosh..., wheeeee or kinda whistling sound, whereas, this sound was human, faint - as though, someone was crying out my name in pain. I kept looking around. It was impossible, because, no human was near me. And the sound came from near, as though, from under the ground. Naaannn...dddiii...nnniii....!!! I tried to ignore and walked ahead. Then, there was suddenly a chorus of sounds - all crying out my name. I got really spooked then. Who knew my name? With my hair standing up in my neck, I tried to be brave and clicked pics of the place where the sound was coming from. It did scare me a bit, but bravely I walked ahead a little more, and then all the way back, crossing the same spot again.
Rumour has it, people do feel someone near them, walking past or breathing down their neck etc, when actually there's no one around, and also hear their names being called out in a musical manner; and the fact that, it happened to me too really made me ecstatic!! I had felt someone near me, and also heard my name; not once, but couple of times, by one voice first, and then, a chorus. I love doing spook hunting, and for the first time I was actually experiencing what I had heard or read about earlier ( besides other personal experiences ). It was really incredible.


ghostly foot-steps?


view of the Ganesh temple from far...
There are also stories about people disappearing and never returning till this day, or dead body found the next day, especially if they go to the beach after dark. I didn't want that to happen to me, and so, as the sun was going down...I decided to come back to civilization...fast!

Dumas Beach is an urban beach along the Arabian Sea, located 21 kilometres southwest of the City of Surat in the Indian state of Gujarat. It is a popular tourist destination in South Gujarat. Dumas Beach is also famous for being in the top 35 haunted spots in India ( wiki ).

Address : Dumas Beach, Konkan Coast, Arabian Sea, Surat, Gujarat.
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment