ONBOARD THE BHUJ EXPRESS HEADED FOR BHUJ, GUJARAT FROM BOMBAY ( MUMBAI )



Photo Travelogue :



The year was 2015. I was busy ticking off destinations ( within India ) from my bucket list. I had already been to many places that year itself ( go through my earlier posts ), but some still remained and I wanted to tick them off too, fast. I was specially looking for places that I could cover in a single day and be back. White Rann of Kutch and its surrounding attractions, caught my fancy. It could indeed be done in a single day, and the Great Rann Festival was coming up too; so I was over-enthused. I'd travel the night, reach Bhuj early morning; go to White Rann, Kalo Dungar and India bridge...savour whatever other gujarati essence I encounter on my way, and take a night train back - simple haan? And, very doable too! So, without hesitation I set off for Bhuj. Bhuj city, by the way, has many attractions in itself too. Here's my entire journey in pictures ~ enjoy!


the train was a late-afternoon train, but late ~ so grabbed some bites and waited...


at Bandra Terminus...


my train finally arrives...


hope this has been corrected - the gap between the train and the platform, egad!


inside a 3 tier AC coach of an Indian train...




soon it was getting dark, passed by the same line that goes Jaipur/Delhi etc


bombay to bhuj is 14 hour journey..


reached Bhuj early morning, although, the train was late...


took rickshaw to the bus stop where from I'd go to White Rann...

My first impression on Bhuj city was like ~ eh, so this is Modi's gujarat. You can see from above two pictures that I clicked ( while going from the railway station to the bus-stop by rickshaw - 10-15 minutes ride ), its like any other small city ( bit dirty, infact ), and I wonder why Gujarat is so hyped. Bhuj, being the base to go to White Rann, Chota Rann, Mandvi & other popular tourism destinations, surely should've been maintained better. Whatever happened to Swachh Bharat?

~~~

unlike these serene views above, my return trip was totally contrast...
do read on how my phone got stolen and what all I did to get my baby back...

Bhuj, in Kachchh district, is a city in the state of Gujarat, western India. It’s known for its centuries-old buildings, many of which were damaged in a 2001 earthquake. Close to Harmirsar Lake, the 18th-century Aina Mahal palace is elaborately decorated with chandeliers, mirrors and semi-precious stones. Nearby, the Italian Gothic–style Prag Mahal palace has a bell tower that overlooks the city, and a courtyard containing a Hindu temple ( wiki ).

Address :
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment