A ROAD TRIP TO GREATER KUTCH FROM BHUJ



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!


My train had arrived in Bandra Terminus Late ( by almost 3 hours ); it left the station late too; it thus, arrived in Bhuj late as well ( although, it had made up during the night ~ by atleast, 1 and half hours ). As a result, I was late in catching my morning bus to White Rann. I hurriedly took a rickshaw ( from Bhuj station ) to the bus stand; and as I feared, my only and lone bus taking me there had already left. How ironic...White Rann is supposedly a top tourist destination, endorsed by none other than Amitabh Bachchan himself, but there was no transport to take one there! And it was beginning of the very famous Rann Festival too, in the month of November end ( not started yet, starts in Dec ). As I was wondering what to do, if my trip would go wasted ~ a cab-wala whom I was asking about the busses to Kutch, offered to take me there for 2000/- round trip. Although, it sounded bit pricy, I had to agree, as there was simply no other option! I tried bargaining, but...oh..well! Anyhow, the cab-wala was good enough, not in a hurry and let me spend as much time as I wanted in all the locations. So, I was more than happy by the time he dropped me back in Bhuj city, late in the afternoon. So, here's how my journey to the Kutch unfolded...


in the AC cab, off to greater kutch...


within ten minutes we were out of Bhuj city...


heading out to the wild...


passing by water-bodies, temples, from sparse greens to vast deserts...


khadava/khavda...yeah, coming!





the cab-wala was good, else, it'd be scary to travel in these deserts alone...


spotted some wet-marshy area with flamingos in it...


cattle grazing too, of whatever little grass they found in the desert...


some headed straight for me, bhaago!


spotted a film crew too, shooting...which film? hmmm...




the cab-wala told me to buy the famous kutch 'mava' from here...


the famous kutchi embroidery works in display...


smile, you are in Kutch now! yay!
The entire journey was via an entire and endless expanse of deserts and marshy lands. Normally, I don't like tourists crowding a place; however, it seemed I was the only one travelling on road that day. Not one 'touristy' vehicle passed by. Maybe, it'd not be the case from December onwards, when the festival actually started. But, it did feel bit lonely, lol. However, I did enjoy my trip. It was unlike any other, for so long on the road. So, I was very eager as to what lay ahead...

Kutch, district is a district of Gujarat state in western India. The Kutch district is home to the Kutchi people who speak the Kutchi language ( wiki ).

Address :
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment