BLISSFUL AND PICTURESQUE UPVAN LAKE AT THE FOOTHILLS OF YEOOR, SGNP - A MUST VISIT!



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!


Thane city, which is the twin city adjustant to Bombay/Mumbai boasts of numerous lakes ( 35+), of which Upvan is regarded as most beautiful considering its appearance and location - at foothills of majestic Yeoor. No one can imagine its a man-made lake, yet, it is so. Surrounded, by tall trees, its a must visit place while near to get respite from the scorching sun. I love going there and it is one of my most favourite hangout place while I'm in the city. Yes, its in the city itself! Cool haan?
While, I went in my scooty, there are many public transport like autos, cabs and buses that'll drop you there. Its barely 8 kms from the Thane Rly Stn ( in west ), and the trip till the lake is an experience in itself. One can even enter Yeoor hills from here.

the road to upvan ( and also Yeoor )

the lake below...isn't it pretty? so peacefull...

It was a day well spent at the lake. I strolled along its banks, lounged and took a bite at the restaurant situated on the lake-side itself; took in the pleasant views around and also the soothing breeze! Theres a large blue statue of Shiva in middle of the lake to admire ( for the religous kind ). While I loved every moment of my experience, I only hope the lake retains its lush greenery around and don't fall prey to greedy builders bulldozing them to create a concrete jungle instead :|

Upvan (or Upavan) Lake is located in Thane in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is known for hosting the Sanskruti Arts Festival. ( wiki )
Address : Upvan Lake, Thane ~( West ), Maharashtra
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment