BANGALORE TO NANDI HILLS VIA CHIKBALLAPUR - A ROAD TRIP


Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

It was past 10 when we reached Bangalore ( the train was late ), and with my quick calculations I figured out if I'd be able to go to Nandi Hills and be back in time as well ( since I already missed the morning 7-8am KSRTC bus ). I read somewhere, its hard to get any transport after 3-4pm back from the hills, so without wasting a moment I set for the Majestic Bus Stop ( situated next to the station ), from where one can get buses to Chikballapur ( leaves every hour ). There's a small cafeteria adjustant to the station, so I thought to grab some food there first. I got some Chole Bhature packed and set off. While asking for directions, someone showed me an underground way, so I headed there and landed in a wrong bus-stand; the drivers of which had no idea where Nandi Hills were :o Someone then pointed to another bus-stand, and thankfully I reached the right one this time. The right one is on-ground level ( not underground ).



There were many buses headed to Hyd, Mysore etc from different stops. Mine was the last one.


So, with ticket in hand, I hopped on. The driver and conductor told me, it'd take 1 hour, so I decided to have my breakfast on the bus itself, while enjoying the view outside. They also told me the bus-number to take from Chikballapur, that's around another half-hour/45 minutes journey.


As we moved out of the city, I got my first glimpse of Bangalore :-) However, I didn't yet see the much talked about 'greenery' though. And before long, I closed my tired eyes and dozed off :|



Precisely, after 1 hour, we reached Chikballapur. Its a small town and looks a little rural type. And people esp male-folk tend to ogle at a lone female-traveler. As I got down, the driver of the previous bus, showed me which bus to take and off I went. But the bus wouldn't move. Instead, it decided to fill up with passengers first. Arrgh...pressed for time, I was little frustrated at that point and wanted to drive the bus myself :s Anyways, alas, with a few passengers trickling in, it did move and what a relief it was. Phew! To my amazement, the bus-conductor was a female.



We passed by the little unassuming town and very soon moved outskirts of it ( via Kolar ).


As population thinned, nature grew. I could see the hills that beckoned from far. They started to grow taller and taller as we moved closer. And ah...those vineyards simply stole my heart ;-)


There's a turn, with a Nandi Bull landmark ( sign ) in the middle of the inter-junction, with 'Nandi Hills' written on it ( see the last pic above ). After which, as we go further, the terrain changes drastically from plains to hills. We were nearly there....but hold on there's more coming up!

Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise and walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment