DEHRADUN TO KEMPTY FALLS BY ROAD VIA MUSSOORIE AND LUNCH AT KEMPTY RESTAURANT


Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!



passing through the now-familiar sights of Dehradun, Mussoorie.
When I was researching about nearby places ( doable in a day ), near Dehradun/Mussoorie, I had heard about Kempty Falls that are situated on the hilly tracks of Uttarakhand, India, 13 km from Mussoorie on the Chakrata Road. It is nearly 1364 meters above sea level. I found it interesting and had wanted to go on the first day itself, when I had landed in Mussoorie, but I could not get a cab then. So, as I had time in my hands now, with my train leaving for Delhi in the evening, I decided to visit this place anyhow. On enquiring, I came to know there were direct buses to Kempty too, from the same Dehradun bus-stop where I had taken a bus to Mussoorie earlier. And luckily, once I reached Dehradun, I got a bus to Kempty after waiting for about half-hour. I boarded it. It took the same route to Mussoorie and additional forty minutes or so, to reach Kempty. This journey is more memorable, because, a dashing pahadi-man sat right next to me the entire journey, lol. I was like, should I watch him or the views outside :D


passing by the famous Mussoorie library :-)


and there...I reached atlast, but not without traversing an enchanting journey first.


Its amazing how the hilly-folks build their houses right at the edges of the hills :o


my lunch @Kempty Restaurant.
With Kempty Falls being primarily a tourist spot, there are plenty of restaurants on the main market-lane where the bus stops. And oh yea...if you want to use their wash-rooms, you gotta eat their food or buy something/anything from them. Reasonable condition, no?

Address : Kempty Falls, Kempty, Uttarakhand
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment