UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO YEOOR HILLS, THANE- PART 2 TREKKING



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!


There are two main ways to visit and enjoy Yeoor Hiils ( there are several other smaller trails for the local villagers which they are accustomed to ). As I described in my last post - my mesmerising scooty-ride through the Yeoor, I decided to explore the trekking route as well on the same day. Once I came downhill and exited the Yeoor from the motorable road ( which starts near Upvan Lake ), I rode to the trekking side ( with the hills in view on left the entire time ) which is located on the other side ( 5-6 kms away ) near 'Tikuji ni Wadi'. I asked around and it was not difficult to locate. Once there, I parked my scooty and headed straight for the entrance gate. There was another group of three. There's a ticket counter and to my amusement, the ticket seller was reluctant to sell the ticket. He was surprised that I wanted to trek, and, said there;s nothing but jungles up there. But hello, I had gone there just to visit the jungle, right? lol. Anyways, I bought my ticket which was quite pricy and valid only for that day. Without wasting time, I headed straight to the trek uphill. Its not gravelled, so, if one is not careful one can easily slip and fall. Since, I went in dry weather, it was manageable, but will not recommend to anyone during monsoons.

the entrance gate...

the ticket...70 bucks per head *gulps*

a walking trail on left goes to a village...

I take the right trail...

a natural pond...

couple of pagodas to rest on the way...

uphill climb...it takes half hour to reach top...



walk underneath branches...

preety steep climb...

viewing tower...

views from the tower

thane city

coming downhill...



a trail here, and, a trail there...

dense jungle everywhere


a last look at the trail I just walked...
The entire trek was exhilarating for sure. The leopards didn't show up thankfully ( they frequent the area especially after dark ). It was tiring too, but the thrill of it made me forget the exhaustion. On top of the hill, there is a large plain area from where one can get amazing 360 degree views. Go there with plenty of time in hand and come before it gets dark. Carry pepper spray and stick.

Yeoor is a hilly area in Thane city of Maharashtra state in India. Situated in the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, it is known for its panthers and wildlife and is popularly known as "Mumbai's National Park". Yeoor has 6 villages and couple of resorts. ( wiki )
Address : Yeoor Hills, SGNP, Thane ~( West ), Maharashtra
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment