DAUSA TO ABHANERI BY ROAD, OFF TO CHAND BAORI



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

Since I had plenty of time left that day, I had two options with me - both were in Dausa district itself, where I was. They were either ~ to continue with my spook travel series and and visit the very famous Mahendipur Balaji Temple ( supposedly one of the only places in India where live exorcisms are still practised ) or opt for ancient architecture and visit the Chand Baori step-well, as well as the Harsat Mata Temple, in Abhaneri. My heavy backpack gave me the answer. If chased by ghosts, it'd be hard to run with the backpack, so, go to the old well instead. So, I made up my mind while returning from Bhangarh by a tracker ( instead of a bus this time - to save time, fare was slightly higher ). The tracker was packed to its brim, with people climbing on its roof too. It dropped me off near Dausa station where I went to the washroom. Forget about any washroom in that damned bus stop! After getting bit refreshed, I went to the bus stop to catch a bus to Alwar. I'd get down mid-way at a place called Sikandara - from there take a half-hour auto ride to Abhaneri. I was told, I'd get plenty of buses from Sikandara back to Jaipur, so, I was off.



rest room at Dausa Rly Station, where I refreshed myself...


the tiny dhaba in Dausa, near Rly stn, where I had my humble lunch...


my bus this time...will I be able to get in?


didn't cross the 'white' bridge this time, instead, went opposite, to Alwar...
passing by random office bldgs, and the Sikandara Toll Plaza...


the roads are decent throughout...


the bus goes off to Alwar, dropping me off at this circle ( gullar stop )...


this banner flowing high convinces me that I have reached the right place,
on asking few shopkeepers, they point me the road going to the Chand Baori...


hop on an auto, and I'm off...150/- round trip, quite cheap!


enjoying the views...


I spot a temple from a distance....and we've reached...


welcome to Abhaneri....a festival was going on...Abhaneri Festival'15


colourful camels and artists greet visitors at the entrance...

~~~


On my return, the auto drops me off that the circle. As I wait for a bus back to the highway, a mini-van booked by a family stops by instead, and offers to drop me there- for free! The head of the family is quite chatty and we chat all the way. He tells me of many more places to visit; which....I don't remember. Sigh! I guess, I just got too tired by then...


the highway where I catch my bus to Jaipur...


by the time I reach Jaipur, its already dark...

Abhaneri is a village in the Dausa district of the Indian state of Rajasthan. Abhaneri is popular for the Chand Baori step well and Harshat Mata Temple. The village was originally named Abha Nagri, but over time the name evolved to its present form. ( wiki )

Address : Abhaneri, Alwar District, Rajasthan, India, Asia.
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment