BHANGARH FORT, ALWAR RAJASTHAN - MY EXPERIENCE!



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

So, I was there at last. It was 11 am almost, when I reached Bhangarh Fort. Had left Sindhi Camp at 7.45 am in the morning. Oh..Whatta day its been so far... It was the month of October, so, it was blazing hot. I'm told, monsoon is the best time to come here, when streams start flowing down the hills behind, and its all green around. Anyhow, both my trips were in October'15 itself. I was simply exhausted. Carrying my backpack all the way, the entire day, was having a toll on my back. But, nonetheless, my enthusiasm was at its peak. Its so surreal, when something you've heard so much about, or seen so much on TV, is finally right before your eyes. I was absorbing it all in. Taking you through the journey via pictures. Enjoy :-)


welcome to Bhangarh :-) this chatri greeted me outside the entrance...


something about the monument by ASI...


there's a hanuman temple right inside the main gate to the complex...


as soon as you enter, you feel being watched by the wicked tantrik from his 'chatri'


its a 1.5 km walk till the 2nd gate, enjoyed watching the ruins as I walked...


except the temples, no structure has any roof...courtesy, the hermit's curse


the 2nd gate...


there are temples inside the complex, but no idols inside them...


the grounds are well maintained...


approaching the third and final gate to the palace...


exploring the insides, every nook and corner...


view from top...


did I find any ghosts in Bhangarh? No! But, I found plenty of these...

Since, on this visit, I had other plans ~ to cover rest of Jaipur etc, and being ahead of time ( being super-cautious not to waste any ), I decided to leave the fort by 12pm. I decided, I'd come another time and devote more time only to Bhangarh. So, this time, after about 1+ hour tour around the complex, I decided to leave. There were other tourists, so, one one doesn't really get scared in day-time. Few times I found myself alone in certain areas; then, then it did feel spooky. All in all, I think to get the best spook, would be to come after sun set - which isn't allowed, btw. The fort lies at the base of the Sasrika Tiger Reserve, which could also explain the disappearances of people there; so, not necessarily ghosts were the culprits, methinks. Whatever the case may be, it was surely a place that deserved and second visit! And...I was back soon, within that month itself!





"raat ko yaha hota hai, ghungroo ki awwaze, tabhi toh shaam ke baad yaha rukna mana hai; yaha raat ko rukne ka sadhan bhi toh nahi hai; raat ko junglee jaanwar ka khatra bhi hai isliye rukne nahi dete" ~ this words from some of locals prompted me to make my 2nd visit to the fort soon...


small video of my 2nd trip to Bhangarh, pardon my voice :-)

Bhangarh is a village situated in India. It is famous for its historical ruins and is considered to be one of India's many haunted locations. It is situated in the Rajgarh municipality of the Alwar district in Rajasthan. Bhangarh is at the edge of the Sariska Tiger Reserve.
Gola Ka Bas is a Village in Rajgarh Tehsil in Alwar District of Rajasthan State ( wiki )


Address : Bhangarh Fort, near Gola Ka Bas, Rajgarh Tehsil, Alwar District, Rajasthan, India, Asia.
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment