LADY HYDARI PARK, SHILLONG - ITS A ZOO, DAMN!



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

When you have just one hour to spare ( before leaving a place ), and is not quite sure where to go and what to do ~ to kill the time, you head to the nearest and safest bet. After returning from Shillong Peak, the cab wala dropped me near the Sumo stand. And only, Lady Hydari Park was close to it. I'm a wildlife and safari person and not a zoo, and so, visiting a zoo was not really my thing ( zoos are for kiddos, yaar ). But, the other options were far away from where I was, and I had to take a return Sumo before 5pm, so that park or rather zoo was to be. Its not advisable to travel in the hills after dark. So, spotting the sign that pointed to the park or rather zoo - I headed towards it. I was not particularly excited at the prospect of seeing a bunch of caged animals, but, what I could do? Either forget that too and head home instead. Anyway, I went ahead...


the sign near the circle that points to Lady Hydari Park...


the rates to enter, and the notice ~ please, do not feed the animals!


the gardens are well manicured and in Japanese style...


the entrance to the zoo area...


the various animals...and info about them...


moi, looking at them helplessly as they pleaded me to get them out of there!


a pond inside a cage :|


bunch of bamboo trees...


grabbing some hot momos before I leave...


Scenic, manicured green space with flowering gardens, a water feature & a modest zoo. The Park got its name from the nature loving first lady of the state, Lady Hydari the wife of Governor of Assam ( when Meghalaya was part of Assam ), and is located conveniently in the Laban area, in the heart of the city.
Meghalaya or "the abode of clouds" in Sanskrit, is a hilly state in northeastern India ( wiki ).


Address : Lower, Lachumiere, Shillong, Meghalaya 793001
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment