VISITING THE PRISTINE CHANDUBI LAKE, ASSAM-MEGHALAYA BORDER



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

So, I knew my usual drill. After two failed attempts, I was determined to succeed the third and final time. Come rain or shine..I'd accomplish my mission. So early morning, this time in my car, I set off...till I reached the now familiar junction - where one road disappeared into Meghalaya and the other towards Chandubi. There's a watch-tower in this junction for those who love to gram out!

^ towards Meghalaya...
√ towards Chandubi...

Once the Chandubi route was taken, I was greeted by forests ( rani, mayang etc )...tea gardens ( borduar 1&2 etc )...in a loop, with couple of human habitats and daily markets in between. The road is very scenic with greenery on all sides, so I stopped in between to take in the beauty. Its a somewhat straight road. I drove till I reached another junction where a map was displayed with two distinct routes - one left ~ to Solokadare Waterfall and the other right ~ towards Chandubi Lake. I followed the Chandubi route. Some local youths collect 'hafta' from visitors, under the pretext of maintaining the site, so I had to buy a so-called 'ticket' from them to access the place.

the ticket...


And, after couple more minutes of driving I was finally there ~ the destination I was trying so hard to reach for so many days ~ finally accomplished. \ HURRAY /
There are many ride options for visitors. They can be private or in groups, short or of longer durations. All have different but affordable rates. I chose to just stand on its banks and enjoy the mesmerising visuals. One can't help but be awed by Nature's sudden and 'historic' creation.

beautiful Chandubi with its colourful signature boats...


There was a deep sense of peace and tranquility, as I gazed into the unending beauty of Chandubi. The beautiful water body surrounded by green hills. One can even stay overnight at the eco-camp situated right in its middle. This is s perfect place to simply chill, relax and enjoy. People had come for picnics & camping. There are few food stalls as well. Supporting the local's means of livelihood I had some freshly made hot roti-sabji, prepared enthusistivslly by one such stall.



Chandubi Lake is a natural lake located in Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council, Kamrup District, Assam at a distance of 64 kilometres from the city of Guwahati accessible through National Highway 37. The lake is located at the foot of Garo hills. This lake was formed on 12 June 1897 at the evening Assam eathquake. During that period the forest went down and became the lake.
Address :
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment