Photo Travelogue :

welcome to barvi hills jungles...the entrance actually mentions 'jungles'...

with tall trees on both sides of the road and forests all around engulfing, its quite a thrill walking all alone...

this place is a well established leopard zone, my heart was in my mouth as I walked the hill...

the acres and acres of forests surround the entire barvi dam...and extend beyond to naneghat and malshej regions...



I crossed badlapur taluka and entered the murbad taluka...


I kept walking...there was no human in sight...not even a car...only birds chirping wildly and strange forests sounds...


it only got denser, I had heard lots of leopard attacks happened in forest areas near Murbad, would I be the next?



I even questioned myself why on earth was I even walking in such densely forested area...but, something just kept pulling me in more and more, it was irresistible...it was so green and peacefull...something we don't usually see in cities...I loved it...

but, alas, with great reluctance ( as my mind kept pricking me to return ), after walking almost an hour, I decided to head back; the return ( another hour ) journey was as thrilling, I was just hoping and praying all the while a leopard didn't appear all of a sudden in front of me...
Well, since I'm back from the crazy adventure that I did, I'd advise all not to walk these forests alone. In all the time I was there, there were hardly any cars, forget any humans walking all alone in that route - its quite a dangerous place with reported leopard attacks. While it is indeed very beautiful, even if you go, please go either in twos/groups or take necessary precautions. And while there, please donot litter the beautiful jungles.
Barvi Hill ( wiki ).
Address : Badlapur-Murbad Road, Ansoli, near Badlapur, Maharashtra 421503.
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment