AMBER PALACE, AMER FORT AT PINK CITY JAIPUR, RAJASTHAN



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

My experience strolling around the Amber Palace, Amer Fort, Jaipur ~ in pictures. Enjoy!


the main gate I just entered, there's a huge courtyard - jaleb chowk!


view of the courtyard from top of the steps that goes inside the palace...


welcome to UNESCO World Heritage site ~ the Amer ( or Amber ) Fort!


Goddess Shilla temple near the entrance, I'll go to the palace, thanks...



the rates to enter the premises...ticket is valid for few other sites too...

I purchase my ticket and go in, coming face to face with...




tried touching it...


view ~ up close...


of many movies, 'Lamhe' was the most prominent one to be shot here...
all guides to the palace never forget to mention this fact...


Rasoda ~ the royal kitchen, and other utility structures in the palace...


ceiling art...


the thick double-walled corridors around the palace is what keeps it cool...


a garden in between, surrounded by Diwan-e-aam, Diwan-e-khas, Sheesh Mahal etc...


I walk about the premises, soaking in the royalty in awe...


the Sheesh Mahal with intricate mirror work is my absolute favourite...


kuch mirror-selfies ho jaye? for sure ;-)


one of the many windows, looking down the courtyard below...


with Jaigarh fort beckoning me from behind the palace, I bid adiew to Amer...


there was some mela going on at the outer courtyard...bought some sweets...

Since, it was my 2nd visit to the palace, it was just a reminiscing and re-living experience for me ~ the palace being familiar from my visit before. Nonetheless, its always interesting to observe how the royalty lived in the past...

Opened in 1592 Amer Fort is a fort located in Amer, Rajasthan, India. Amer is a town with an area of 4 square kilometres located 11 kilometres from Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan. Located high on a hill, it is the principal tourist attraction in Jaipur ( wiki ).

Address : Devisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment