OUTING TO THE BEAUTIFUL ELEPHANT FALLS, SHILLONG, MEGHALAYA



Photo Travelogue :
Read first part - Here!

If vou are short on time, like I was, there are some quick attractions in Shillong you can visit. Of course, there are plenty more than these, maybe, better ones too, but these are what I covered in my day trip to Shillong, Meghalaya. I was back from Mawphlang ~ the sacred grove, hence, had only little time in hand. As Shillong Peak and Elephanta Falls were on the same route itself, I could cover them while returning. First was the Elephanta Falls, 12 kms from the city centre ~ enjoy :-)


Situated in upper Shillong, you pass this sign while going to Mawphlang...


the rates and some info about the falls...


as you walk inside, you start hearing the gurgles of water, that grows louder...



my first view of the falls...tried touching it, naturally...


this is the first level, we go down the many many steps to the next level...


the 2nd level..of the falls...


and finally, the third and last level of the falls...


view from various angles...looks beautiful doesn't it?
After spending some time admiring the falls, I came back up to the surface. Climbing up the stairs can be bit tiring. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed my outing. It was a very peaceful experience.


since its a very popular tourist place, there are lots of stalls and visitors...


souvenir shops selling variety of things to collect back home...


a tourist family posed in traditional khasi attire for me...cute haan?


Since, I had already eaten breakfast at Nongpoh in the morning, and again in Shillong ( that morning itself ) just before going to Mawphlang, I settled for some hot bhajiyas and tea! Too good these were....burp! burp!


Dramatic, multi-tiered waterfalls in picturesque surrounds, with an easy walking trail and stairs. Named after an Elephant like stone at its foot, the Elephant Falls are amongst the most popular falls in the North-East, situated next to Shillong.
Meghalaya or "the abode of clouds" in Sanskrit, is a hilly state in northeastern India ( wiki ).


Address : Upper Shillong, Shillong, Meghalaya 793009
Read next part - Here! Stay tuned for all my road, rail, flight, cruise & walk trips.
( Images - ©Mine. All rights reserved. )
Our Rating Scale is : 1 to 5 = ◕◕◕◕◕ - It was Awesome!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment